Gerontology Career Opportunities
Innerbody.com reports a very positive outlook for gerontology careers, and with an aging population this positive outlook is expected to continue for the foreseeable future. Professional gerontologists may work in a variety of settings that include the following:
- Community, human service and religious organizations
- Healthcare and long-term care institutions
- Federal, state, and local government agencies, including the aging network (the system of service delivery to older persons established by a federal law entitled the Older American Act)
- Retirement communities
- Academic and other educational and research settings
- Professional organizations
- Business and industry
Innerbody.com also reports that the earnings of gerontologists vary widely, depending on discipline, experience level and geographic location. Average yearly salaries in the profession of gerontology range between $53,000 and $80,000, while new professionals start between $42,000 and $66,000. Experienced gerontologists can expect to earn a minimum yearly salary of $64,000.
For additional information regarding the career outlook for gerontologists, please visit:
Whether you’re currently enrolled or considering enrolling, this job board provides real-life examples of the opportuniteis that will be available to you. Request a program guide or chat with an advisor for more information.